Cookies used by judgeshotel.co.uk
These cookies are used to track anonymously visitor behaviour on judgeshotel.co.uk. This information is then used to improve the usability of judgeshotel.co.uk. The following information can be found in full here.
|__utma||This cookie is typically written to the browser upon the first visit to your site from that web browser. This cookie is used to determine unique visitors to judgeshotel.co.uk and it is updated with each page view.||2 years from set/update.|
|__utmb||This cookie is used to establish and continue a user session with your site. This cookie expires when a user pauses on a page on your site for longer than 30 minutes.||30 minutes from set/update.|
|__utmz||This cookie stores the type of referral used by the visitor to reach judgeshotel.co.uk, whether via a direct method, a referring link, a website search, or a campaign such as an ad or an email link.||6 months from set/update.|
Judges Hotel is committed to protecting all personal information or data we may hold about you.
This Privacy Notice relates to our use of any personal information we collect from you via the following online services:
- Any Judges Hotel website that links to this Policy (“Websites”);
- Social media or Judges Hotel content on other websites;
It also relates to our use of any personal information we collect through other means, such as email, in person or other third party sources.
- For information concerning Judges Hotel please visit judgeshotel.co.uk
Our Approach to Privacy
The privacy and security of your personal information is very important to us. We want to assure you that your information will be properly managed and protected whilst in our hands. Typically Judges Hotel acts as Data Controller which means we are responsible for ensuring that your data is collected, processed, secured and retained in accordance with applicable Data Protection Legislation.
The information we collect and how we collect it
Information you provide to Judges Hotel
We may receive personal information about you, when you contact Judges Hotel for example by doing any of the following:
- Authorizing us to act on your behalf in the performance of our contracted duties to you;
- Using our website;
- Entering into competitions;
- Telephoning, writing by post or email, or communicating via online channels to Judges Hotel.
This information may include:
- Basic personal details such as your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, date of birth or age, gender, marital status;
- Additional information such as health information (for example existing conditions) or disclosures about criminal convictions. We will always be clear to explain when and why we need this information and the purposes for which we will use it in relation to your contract with us or in relation to services provided by us;
- National Insurance Number,
- Your chosen marketing preferences.
What is Judges Hotel’s Legal Basis for processing your personal information?
We will use your information:
- because it is necessary for the performance of our contract with you or to take steps to enter into a contract with you;
- in order to comply with our legal obligations;
- because it is in our legitimate interests for the provision of services to you.
Information collected from your use of our Website(s)
Information we collect through Cookies and similar technologies
We collect information through “Cookies” and other similar technologies (e.g. pixel tags or links), to remember you when you visit our Website(s) and Apps and so we can improve your online experience to suit your needs.
These help us understand how you and others use our Website(s) and Apps, view our products and respond to our advertising, so we can tailor direct marketing and enhance our overall product and service offering. This also saves you from re-inputting information when you return to the Website(s) or Apps.
When you visit our website(s) we may record your device information including hardware and software used, general location, when and how you interact with our website(s). This information is retained and used to note your interest in our Website(s) and improve customer use experience.
We may use and share information from or with online sources, such as websites, social media and information sharing platforms. This information may be used to help tailor and improve our services and communicate with you effectively, as we know many of our customers use a range of media channels.
Where we use or share information from or with these sources, we will respect any permissions you have set about how you would like your information to be used.
Information collected from third parties
We may use information to:
- Assess and advise you on your contract with us;
- Deal with complaints.
How we use information to improve our products, prices, offers and customer experience
We may also use your information for research or statistical purposes, including to analyze how people use our Website(s), view our products, respond to our advertising and to improve our understanding of what customers need.
We may use your information for training purposes, to improve our services and their delivery, for example by recording telephone calls.
How we may share your information outside of Judges Hotel
We may share your information with the following recipients:
- Experts (for the purposes of obtaining evidence);
- Medical agencies (for the purposes of obtaining your medical notes and/or a medical report);
- Courts and tribunals;
- Mediators and/or Arbitrators;
- Investigation agents and/or online tracing and investigation databases;
- your general insurer and/or your insurance broker
- Judges Hotel Marketing or another authorized third party agency to enable them to seek feedback from you on the service provided by us;
- Authorized third party providers in the event of a business continuity incident.
Your information may be disclosed when we believe in good faith that the disclosure is:
- required by law;
- to protect the safety of our employees, the public or Judges Hotel property;
- required to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process; or
- in the event of a merger, asset sale, or other related transaction; or
- for the prevention or detection of crime (including fraud).
We may share your information with regulatory bodies in the UK or if applicable, overseas, as well as with insurance companies (directly or via shared databases) to prevent and detect fraud.
Data transfer and consent
Your information may be transferred by Judges Hotel to another EEA country, for processing, storage, administration or any other use stated in this policy. The purposes and processing associated with any such transfer will comply with all applicable data protection regulations, including the UK Data Protection legislation, and with our obligation to adequately protect and secure your personal information. By providing your personal information to Judges Hotel you consent to the transfer of your information as described above.
We are committed to protecting the confidentiality and security of the information that you provide to us and we put in place appropriate technical, physical and organizational security measures to protect against any unauthorized access or damage to, or disclosure or loss of, your information.
You should also be aware that communications over the internet, such as e-mails, are not secure unless they have been encrypted. For further details on our security details please refer to our Information Security Standards.
Managing your marketing preferences
- provide you with updates on Judges Hotel’s products and services via marketing tailored to you, (e.g. online advertising, social media communications), or by direct marketing (e.g. phone, e-mail, text, post); and
- we will always give you the opportunity to ‘opt out’ of direct marketing when you complete a registration with us, or receive any email, text or other direct marketing communication.
You can change your information or marketing preferences at any other time by contacting us on the details given below.
Update your information or change your marketing preferences
Please let us know if your information changes as it is important that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date.
You can ask us to update or correct your personal information or opt out of Judges Hotel’s use of your information for direct marketing purposes by contacting us using any of the following methods:
By email: email@example.com
How to find out what information we hold about you
You have the right to request a copy of all the personal information we hold about you in a Subject Access Request. To do this, simply write to us at the address below. We will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before providing you with details of any personal information we may hold about you.
Under data protection legislation you may have certain rights relating to your information that Judges Hotel processes:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erase
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
Data Protection Officer:
The General Manager
For any questions or concerns relating to this Privacy Notice or our data protection practices, or to make a subject access request, please use the address above.
How long will we retain information about you
Typically we retain your personal data for a minimum of 7 years. We will only retain and use your personal data thereafter as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. Please see our Terms of Business for further details.
How to make a Data Protection complaint
If you are unhappy with the way in which your personal data has been processed you may in the first instance contact the Data Protection Officer using the contact details above.
If you remain dissatisfied then you have the right to apply directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office for a decision. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may amend this Privacy Notice from time to time for example, to keep it up to date or to comply with legal requirements. You should regularly check this Privacy Notice for updates. If there will be any significant changes made to the use of your personal information in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection, we will notify you by posting a notice on our Website.
In order to provide complete functionality, this web site needs your explicit consent to store browser cookies. If you don’t allow cookies, you may not be able to use certain features of the web site; it is recommended that you allow all cookies.
Website usage terms and conditions
The term ‘Downs Holdings Ltd t/a Judges Country House Hotel’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Kirklevington Hall Farm, Yarm TS15 9LW. Our company registration number is 1325054 Regiestered Office: Kirklevington Hall Farm, Yarm TS15 9LW . The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.